Sunday, July 1, 2007
Ah! The road
Eager to get on the road again my early start is slightly hindered by early morning rains but don't mind too much as had a late night (after 12) last night saying goodbye to friends.At about 9.30am Will and I strike out on the road and as we head down the mountains away from Dharamshala my hearts sings "On The Road Again".Will is maybe not as eager as I or has a different pace but I'm on a mission today. When we get to the main road to Minali I show him the map and take off arranging to meet half way at Mandi. The conditions are perfect and the bike is going as if she feels the same joy as I do. I get to Mandi in very good time and with Minali only 3 hours more I decide to go fro it and txt Will my decision. So with bearly a break I head off, the bike as willing as I.The roads are very good as Minali is a big tourist stop and the scenery is amazing also, driving through vallies and small towns.The highlight of the trip in the 5k trip through a mountain by way of a great tunnel.Through Minali brushing off the touters and too a small village called Vishist where we have arranged to meet Toni who will be taking the lead to Leh.A full days driving, 9 hours in total of the most flawless driving I have ever experianced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment