Way home.
Good sleep and early start as I was leaving the next day and we made record time over the 120k of desert back to Leh.
Exchange the bike for balance of the agreed amount, dinner with friends and very fond farewells to everybody.
Leh to Delhi, Delhi to Cairo, Cairo to Bilbo and the India odyssey was over, just like that. As I rode in the taxi into Bilbao I was already missing India and wondering where all the people, dirt and noise was. Disappointed by the spotless streets and lack of crowds, not to mention the lack of heat and aroma of spice and cow shite. I just wanted to get back on a plane and head straight back.
Bilbao is a beautful city though and I have a great week with the lovely Liz, gorging on great sea food and culture in the many museums.
And thats it.......................
No comments:
Post a Comment