Saturday, May 19, 2007

Busy busy

Yesterday:
Yoga twice, morning and evening.
Hired scooter, booked into Phool Chatti Ashram, test drove 2 motorbikes.
Satisfying day all round.
Today:
Did my first proper full hour of mediation at Yoga Nikitan. It was in an underground room. The walls are lined with doors into "Meditation Caves".
The room was dark and cool as the yogi entered and sat at front of room. With only a few words guidance and a couple of breathing exercises it all began. Sitting in silence in his presence in that room my mind sored and I went on a journey like I have never experienced before. I could see myself walking through a door into bright light and off on a wonderful trip. The hour flew by.
When we came out of the room what had been a lovely bright morning had turned almost into night and the heavens where emptying with lightning and thunder splitting the sky.
Took another motorbike for a good test run but it clapped out on me. It turned out to work in my favour as I happened to meet Gaurav. A local shop merchant. His brother just happens to be selling an Enfield. Worn out from trying to get the one I was test driving to start I tell him to send his brother to meet me at a restaurant near by. After a refreshing lunch Alok turns up and I take bike for a run. Bit of haggling and he has a sale.