The next day he comes to the hotel and he brings me for breakfast then to get the key made. As we go to part ways I can not express my gratitude enough, I ask him what I can offer as thanks and he just grabs me in a big bear hug which I return whole heatedly and a tear whells in my eye and off he goes. Deven you are a fucking angel.
By this time it is 10am and is getting HOT!!! but we decide to get on the road to Ramnigar another 150km south and it is already in late 30s.
Being on the bike in this weather is like being in a furnace, we drive on through the heat of the day and it just keeps getting hotter and hotter. By early evening we arrive in Ramnigar destroyed, baked and exhausted.
Ramnigar is a dusty hot town with no real redeeming features at all. We book into a hotel with no A/C as there is only one hotel in the town with A/C and there is no chance of getting in there.
Fried, with dry throats that all the rain in Ireland could not rehydrate all we can do is lie staring at the fuzzy black and white TV with only one channel (luckily in english).
My phone rings and it is Juan our 3rd person that came by bus, we thought there was no way he would make it as the last time we saw him he was assuring us through very stoned eyes that he would "sort out the bus tomorrow." He is in the Hotel that turns out to be just across the road from the one we're in and I can see him from my window. Alls well that ends well I reckon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment