What an amazing, hard, rewarding week it has been. I'm now intimate with my toes and my forehead and knees are getting to know each other well and are become closer everyday, I have found a peace I have never experianced before. I swam in the Ganga pretty much every day. I found a stretch of river about 200 meters long between 2 rapids where there was a strong current and I would walk up to the first rapid and dive in and swim out into the current and just drift along till a place just before the secound rapid. A real privilaged feeling just being carried by the river. There are currents so strong in the water that it feels like a huge animal is brushing against you.
The Ganga is the Holiest river in India. It is considered a temple by the Indians. The story of the Ganga (http://www.uttaranchal.ws/river.htm in brief if your interested) is a lovely story and you can really feel the purity and sanctity of her water. She is my teacher when I'm here and her company I seek out when ever I can. During the days I can swim in her and in the evenings her song fills the air in harmony with the scented wind that cools my greatful brow.
OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.
OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.
OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.