Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ah Mandi

After some rough roads I reach Mandi another small town suggested to me by the guide book and I'm not disappointed at all.
It is a lovely place based around a sunken two story market and like Nahal is not on the tourist trail so a genuinely peaceful place. I find this great hotel the Raj Mahal, a place that time has forgetting with a huntsman lodge feel with a lovely garden with a pond that dragon flys flit around and comfortable rooms. The place seems to be working on out of date prices too and is really cheap for what you get.
Mandi is peaceful and chilled, the sunken market is around a park where people hang out and chat. There are supposedly lots of temples and a great view form on top of the hills but I just take it easy and spend an extra day there reading in the garden, wandering the market, dosing in my great room and taking "Hot!" showers, the second day is pretty much a wash out anyway with the monsoon. Sometimes you just have to spoil yourself.

No comments: