Found farewell to Raj after he tweaks the bike a little and its back on the road. Stop in Kamad to have breakfast with my friends there. I get the cook to show me how to make Parathan and rolling again. When I get to the place I broke down I tense as I pass in case there is an invisible barrier that the bike can not pass but I sail by with a breath of relief.
The bike is going great no so I make good time to Utterkashi the last big town before Gangotri that has things like petrol and fruit supplies. I have another 120k to go to Gangotri so I stock up on essentials and head to small town about 8k along the road called Netala. I have heard of Netala before as there is an ashram there I want to visit. Netala is a lovely small town on banks of Ganga with little green fields and small lawns.
After settling into small hotel I wander up the road to find the Shivinanda Kutri Ashram. It is a lovely immaculate small ashram on the river bank just under an ancient suspension bridge.
The vibe is peaceful and I head to a little beach that the ashram backs onto.
As I sit on the bank I meditate on the satisfaction of reaching a place I wanted to visit and how I got here and where I'm going too. As the realisation of my trip here comes to me tears whell in my eyes and roll down my cheeks as I'm overcome by the beauty of what I have seen and my gratitude for being able to be here. A quick rinse in Ganga and back to hotel for dinner and fitful sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment