Sunday, June 17, 2007

The last push

My ultimate destination on this trip is to make it to Dharamshala where his Holiness the Dali Lama lives. I wake up to a perfect day and hit the road early.
Wheels spinning, engine ticking the road unfurls in front of me as if the patch I'm on is the only thing in the world.
The landscape changes all the time. Passing from pine Forrest into deciduous wood then to rice paddies and tea fields.
Around a corner and I spot my first Tibetan monk in red garb and I know I'm close. The road just keeps going though and I keep climbing until I meet the usual tangle of traffic that signifies a town. Weave through till I find a quite guest house and book in. Destination reached is always a good feeling after booking into my 80rs room (about 1.20e) I scan a menu of goodies that you find at these places for westerners.
Chats and chess till my I catch myself falling asleep at table.

No comments: