After a few days of R&R in Rishikesh with the bike serviced its time to go again. This time I'm going solo as I hear the roads are pretty bad to Gangotri and I have to carry all my luggage.
Hit the road with the engine humming and the tarmac consistent. The day is sunny but not too hot and the road twists and turns under my wheels as I spin along the side of the mountains passing over deep valleys and through small towns.
All was going very well till the bike began to stall and the horn stopped working then the bike just stopped! I tried everything but I could not get it working. Luckily I was in a small town called Kamand where there was a mechanic but he could do nothing either so I called my mechanic in Rishikesh and he sent a guy out to me but it would not be till the next day as it was getting into evening now. As with all the small towns i have been in it is not long till I have attracted a crowd and a friend or two. One, Davidson an army Corporal on 60 day holiday who knows everybody in town sorts me out with hotel and a place to eat. The only hotel in the town has a few rooms but under the rooms are these garage like spaces, Davidson informs me that this is where the pilgrims stay for the night when they pass through for Gangotri, the rooms sleep about 30 on the floor. As i look around the town with a few people wondering about I wonder how they fill the rooms. My question is answered as when it gets dark and the buses roll in and suddenly the towns population is tripled.
Dinner of Chapati and mixed veg then to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment