Ring my mechanic in Rishikesh to make sure he is sending somebody. He assures me he is on his way.
I send they day watching every car, bus and motorbike enter and leave town and reading the Dali lama's Biography till eventually at 5pm a lone figure gets off the bus with a little bag and walks towards the bike.
Raj is here at last and we set to work. I was warned when I was talking to people about getting a bike that I would be spending allot of time around mechanics but now I really understand.
Turns out some wires had melted and were shorting the electrics but Raj was well able to deal with it and after about an hour the bike was purring again. It was evening and I had to get Raj to place where he could get lift back to Rishikesh so I had to backtrack about 40k to Champa where we stayed the night as it was too late for him to get bus so I had to put him up and feed him. Raj was good company though and we chatted and laughed till is was time for sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment