Monday, April 30, 2007

Hardiwar

Head into Hardiwar for a couple of hours, Simone whom has been traveling India for 5 months now is experience on the local bus and off we go. The local bus is real India and is an experience. The rules of the road is that the largest has right of way and the driving is just frantic.
Hardiwar is a holy city and is a frenzy of life and noise.
We wander around the town taking it in and then to the banks of Mother Ganga for the evening ritual. The light is really remarkable here. The dust in the air gives everything a real soft dreamy effect filtering the light into soft pinks and reds.
There are holy men everywhere. As I was crossing the river this one holy man was meandering past and our eyes just happened to meet. I have never been greeted with such softness, grace and gentle joy before and for a moment the world disappears and then it is past.
While on the banks I put my feet into the water for he first time. It is cool and refreshing. The water feels like the softest of animals brushing against me as a cat does. It is alive and of far greater wisdom the I could ever imagine.

No comments: