A dull windy day with an atmosphere like lead leaves nothing to do but sit around. Luckly their is a great Colombo on TV and I stay in bed watch Dick Van Dyke tie himself up in his tales and walk right in the Colombo's skilled, fumbling laid traps.
It is Anna's birthday tonight so after dinner I hit the bar to join the celebrations. I prop up the bar and do my Irish reputation proud and get absolutely hammered. My last memory is downing a shot the bartender gave me telling me it was "cough syrup", kicking over a table and blackness.
I wake up the next morning to Lez calling me through my open hotel door telling me my taxi to Cairo has been waiting 3 hours. Still absolutely hammered I manage to get myself up and settle all my bills have a bit of breakfast and fall into the taxi requesting Anna sternly to "please kick the bartender in the nuts for me" and then a deep coma only reawakening when we get back into Cairo and the non stop choir of beeping horns and the drone of traffic and industry. I manage to crawl to the Indian consulate after dragging my aching body what feels like all of Cairo trying to find the place again (It is actually just straight up from the hotel I find on way back) only to find that I'm too late to give them my passport for that day and have to come back to in morning in the hope that they can do this bit of processing that normally takes 24 hours in a morning. Feeling even worse I crawl back to the hotel cursing everybody and everything, all I can do is try to hide in my room from the pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment