Thursday, April 19, 2007

Moon Beach

Ras Sudr is a tiny town of little buildings and old shops that I actually missed because I blinked. Moon beach is another half hour past it. Out of nowhere Moon Beach comes up. The Hotel is on a natural lagoon on the Gulf Suez and it just backs straight onto the desert.
The main building of the hotel is an open building that has lots of little desert birds flying around as it is an oasis to them, this area serving as their resturant also. The rooms are Bedouin style stone huts with all services and are the best I have seen in Egypt.
The main hub is the windsurfing center, a wooden structure with a counter and comfy seats where I meet Lez (She runs the place) to do paper work and get the tour which consists of being informed that the windsurfing center turns it's sign around at night and becomes the bar and there is the sea.
After meeting all the gang its straight into the sea for a splash around. I immediately feel at ease here and as I float around in the lagoon I realise this really was the right place to come and I thank what ever wind it was that blew me here.
After evening yoga where the teacher is teaching the exact style of yoga I'm looking to study in India, dinner and early night as I have a big day planned tomorrow of yoga, sun, sea and sand.

No comments: