Well to cut a long story short I made it out alive. For a moment there I really thought I would not make it away from that building alive, I was convinced that it was out to get me.
When I had done that last clean and carried the last box I walked around the building, I looked at every corner remembering childhood memories or times Da had me perched precariously at the top of a flimsy partitioned wall changing ancient light fittings. Staring at the empty place where there used to be a dining table that we had countless talks, laughs and arguments around or the empty space that we used to watch TV or movies and laugh, cry or just not get it. Of course there is the corner I smoked a joint with that guy at that party who told me that and there is the place I fell when I was 12 not to mention that nasty area out the back that I spent two weeks during the summer clearing out so I could have money for god knows what.
If only those walls could talk, the stories it could tell, though at this stage they are probably only able to mumble incoherently disparately trying to catch it's breath weasing on their one good lung. As i locked the building I was expecting a piano to fall on me and as I got on my motorbike I expected my breaks to fail or a bus to hit me. As I left the street behind me I was truly amazed.
So a beautiful last Friday night dinner with family and friends a good nights sleep and more too short but quality time with nephews and off to airport. After a blur of McDonalds and tearful goodbyes I find myself on a plane flying into the unknown, the plain surrounded by thick cloud descending into a place where time and space do not apply, welcome to the mystery journey zone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment